By definition a “local move” is any moving or relocation within a 100 mile radius. My Moving Guys is local a full-service moving and storage company. We understand the specific challenges of moving in Southern California. This is why we are dedicated to customizing your move in such a way as to best suit your unique moving needs. Let us create a stress-free home moving experience for you:
We pay attention to the details.
- We’re fair and upfront.
- We offer a FREE wardrobe service (Just leave all your hanging items in their closets and we’ll swoop through, neatly packing them in our convenient wardrobe boxes)
- Professional, trained and uniformed movers
- Fully licensed and insured service
- No hidden fees or charges
- Optional Packing and unpacking services
- Discounted moving boxes and packing supplies
- Clean trucks with proper moving pads and equipment
- Friendly and courteous staff
- Scheduling for your convenience
- Respectful of rules within housing communities
- We make move day a happy day.
Whether you’re moving across town or within the same building, call us. From our first interaction, you’ll see why My Moving Guys is a different kind of moving company. There is a reason you see our trucks around your neighborhood. We have been helping your family, friends and neighbors move. We know that a local moving can be both exciting and unnerving. With My Moving Guys by your side, there is nothing to worry about!
Our moving specialists will design a moving plan that will satisfy all of your moving requirements and give you the most expedient service at the most competitive price. No matter what size your move might be, you’ll have a lot on your mind that day, so it’s our goal to be more than just a local mover. We want to be your partner. Partners do a lot more than move around boxes. We help you plan the day ahead of time. Our professional service includes – tagging and marking, packing and unpacking, protection of all furniture, dismantling and reassembling, crating and un-crating, building protection, short and long-term storage, inventory service, and more.
Here is how we prepare for your local moving:
1. When you first contact us we start by working with you to create a thorough inventory of the belongings you want moved. No detail is too small.
2. Based on the information you share with us and with your help we choose the specific services you will need. We offer a wide range of optional services to make your move easy.
3. Once we understand all the details, we’ll prepare a comprehensive action plan describing the move in detail. Please note that some buildings and communities have specific requirements for insurance and the use of elevators and loading docks. These details are up to you. Make sure you contact building management well in advance of the move and let us know anything we need to know.
4. On the day of the move we start the day with a welcome call to confirm all the key info, like address, intersection and where to park the truck.
5. As soon as we arrive, we do a thorough walk-through of your home, noting your special items that require extra care:
- protect corners and floors
- wrap and protect all listed furniture
- disassemble any items that need it
- pack electronics and art
6. Then we get moving by quickly and carefully packing up the truck. If you are packing yourself, we can recommend the proper type and amount of materials and deliver them in advance. Or we can take care of the packing and unpacking for you.
7. Once everything is packed and loaded we head to your new home. When you’re ready for us, we’ll put your items where you tell us in your new home with speed and care.
We finish things off with a completion checklist to make sure everything is where it should be, and then jump at the opportunity to be the first to offer a housewarming gift. We leave when you are completely satisfied.
8. Call us for an estimate or request a quote online. Our customer service representatives are moving pros and will explain every aspect of what determines the cost of your move. The cost for local moves is mostly based on the number of movers needed, the time it takes to move your belongings and the drive time between your old and new residence. Some other factors that affect price include:
- How large is your home?
- How many boxes and other packing materials do you need?
- Have you already packed your belongings yourself? How much packing and/or unpacking would you like us to do for you?
- Are there stairs?
- Can our truck park close to your home?
- Any hard to move items? Grand piano? Water Bed? Pool Table?
We are happy to work with you and moving budget.